Be a volunteer
You like what you see and want to join us? You came to the right place!
We are always keeping our eyes open for awesome people that want to become a part of our big international family. We are looking for people who are not only super motivated, but also have unique talents and ideas to help us at helping other players and create awesome content and projects. We are looking for the best, the most creative, the nicest, the most talented and the most enthusiastic players out there to help us create awesome things!
You think we just described you? Perfect! Please read our Application Guide, and if you think you would be an awesome addition to the Volunteers, let us know. The way we recruit can be very different, depending on the region. Some regions just pick their candidates directly from the boards while others use application forms (but even in those region that use applications being awesome on the boards is a great help!). More info can be found in the Application Guide.
- Romanian Program: The Romanian Program is not currently recruiting. :(
- Czech Program: Be awesome on the boards!
- French Program: Be awesome on the boards!
- Spanish Program: Be awesome on the boards!
- English European Program: Be awesome on the boards or apply here if possible
- German Program: Apply here
- Italian Program: Apply here
- Polish Program: Apply here
- Hungarian Program: The Hungarian Program is not currently recruiting. :(
You want to apply? Fantastic! The fact that you are reading this guide already gives you a massive advantage over those applicants who do not.
At first you should know what expects you as a Volunteer, and, more importantly, what you shouldn’t expect.
Please keep in mind that you are applying for a volunteer position. So you will not be payed, you will not be rewarded, you will not get free RP or skins, you will not get any special privileges...except being part of the Volunteer family of course.
So if you expected anything like that, move along, you won’t find it here, sorry.
Another very important thing you should be aware of before even starting to fill out an application form: We do not recruit toxic players. If you are toxic we will find out and we are very strict about that. Like really REALLY strict! Of course we mainly care about current behavior. If you have been toxic in the past but truly and consistently reformed, no problem.
You still want to apply? Ok, then here are a few tips how to write a good application (in those regions that use application forms):
- Take your time; don’t fill out the form in a hurry.
- Read the questions! You would be surprised how many people write poor applications because they don’t read properly.
- Provide links! If you are a youtuber, streamer, artist cosplayer, community leader or whatever...show us! Let us have a look at what you did. Just telling us about it is not enough, we want to see it!
- Do not hold back on info to discuss about it later. If your application doesn’t convince us, there will be no additional chance to present your ideas. So make sure everything you want to tell us is already included in your application.
- Do not suggest things that are Riots task. We do not create champions, we do not balance the game, we do not fix the client. If you want to suggest a project, it should require little to no participation by Riot, because that’s how we normally do stuff: On our own! If you suggest a project, it should something YOU can do yourself without any contact to Riot.
- When you present a project or idea, make sure it’s well thought through. Consider what would be needed to do it. What are the upsides? What are possible problems? How are you going to realize this idea? To provide an example: “I want to improve the community” is not a project. It’s the goal of a project. Finding a goal is easy, finding a way HOW to do that is the difficult part and that’s what we are interested in. So please make sure you really thought about how to realize your project and what needs to be done.
- Do not apply as a moderator. Moderators are not recruited, they are selected from already experienced Volunteers.
- Make sure you apply for the right program. If an applicant is not even motivated enough to read the description of the program he is applying for, we don’t consider it a serious application.
- Don’t lie.
- If you tell us about yourself, prove whatever you say.
You are a great teamworker? Cool! How come? Do you have special experience with working in a team?
You love to help other players? That’s aweseome. Show us where you did that!
You are great at painting? Nice...any pictures you can show us?
But wait...what about regions that do not even use application forms? How can you apply there? Well, in those regions things are a bit more simple: Just be awesome, preferably on the boards. Act like a volunteer, do cool stuff, help people, be a role model and sooner or later you will be noticed. That’s also a great option to increase your chances in all regions that DO use application forms!